- 1½ lb fresh cod fillets
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Korean soup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp maesilaek, Korean plum extract
- 2 tbspgochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 2 to 4 tbsp red pepper flakes, adjust to your liking
- ½ cup rice starch water (the water comes out from washing rice, only use 2nd rinsed water)
- 24 cloves garlic, smashed (approximately ½ cup)
- 2 oz ginger, peeled and sliced or julienne
- 2 serrano or jalapeno, sliced
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- pinch of black pepper
For the Vegetables;
- 1 lb korean radish or potato, peeled and sced into ½-inch thick
- ¾ onion, ½-inch sliced
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Rinse cod fillet under cold water dry completely. Cut into large pieces if you prefer, but doesn’t need to.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and set a side.
- On a shallow pot, place radish on the bottom. Place the cod on top of the radish. Place onion and shiitake mushrooms on top of the fish.
- Pour the sauce all over the fish and vegetables. Cover and bring it to boil over high heat. Boil over high heat for 10 minutes then reduce heat to medium low, simmer for 10 minutes, or until fish and vegetables are fully cooked. Uncover, and boil 1 to 2 minutes for (to cook down the moisture) and it’s ready to serve!.
- Serve with warm cooked rice and other Korean side dishes you like! enjoy!