- 1 large onion (250g), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Japanese eggplants, sliced (approx. 1 cm thick) (400g)
- 2 cups diced tomatos (500g)
- 2 tbsp sugar-free ketchup (40g)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (20g)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Into a large deep pan (or pot), add in 1 tbsp of oil (or water for oil-free), and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minute over medium high heat- until lightly caramelized.
- Add in the sliced eggplants and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the diced canned tomatoes, ketchup, coconut sugar, cayenne and salt.
- Bring the heat down to a medium-low and mix. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced into a thick dip consistency.
- Add more coconut sugar, cayenne or salt- to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve!
Source from 👇🏻
Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Dip